View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Pete,

I also have the same 'stinky issue' as you! Before I got RSD, I used to always be really clean and fresh but now, I seem to always smell!

I have mentioned the smell to my mum and she says that she can't smell anything but yet, I ALWAYS feel really sweaty and can smell it on myself sometimes. No one else has ever commented on me smelling either so i'm not sure if it is as bad as I think it is. I know that we can be more sensitive to smells so i'm not sure if that is the issue.

I try and shower every day if I am going somewhere, even though it is extremely painful. If i'm not going somewhere, I will miss a day and then get in the shower. I used to love bathing before RSD but now, I always dread it! When I am getting out of the shower, I sometimes go really hot and then feel as though I am going to collapse which sometimes makes me sweat. I think sometimes i'm cleaner before I got in the shower than before LOL !

It's in the 90's over here at the moment which is really stressful as it makes me sweat more and I therefore have to get cleaned more. I used to love Summer before RSD but don't like it as much now!

I haven't really found anything to help so far. I just make sure that I get a really good wash in the bath / shower and then use lots of deoderant and a bit of perfume. I also try and get another wash throughout the day which can be pretty stressful but does help sometimes.

Sorry that you have to deal with this also but know you aren't alone and that we all understand!
AintSoBad (07-01-2009), Dew58 (07-01-2009), loretta (07-04-2009)