View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 04:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Melody, I believe you can do all the things you want to do. The only thing you might want to do is price the items you want to change, and then ask the guy down the street how much the labor will be to do this upgrade.

Once you find out how much this upgrade is going to be, then go look around at some of the new computers. Here lately the prices have been coming down on computers, and you might be surprised to find that buying a new one wont be all that much more than upgrading your old one.

I was wondering if you know if your hard drive and DVD are SATA or not? I am guessing it probably isnt. SATA makes programs, picture editing, video editing, and DVD burning a bit more snappy than what you would be used to, and if you add a core 2 duo processor it will be quite a bit faster than what you have. Especially if your computer speed has been slowed by a virus, or just plain old clutter in the registery.

You can look on newegg.com, or tigerdirect.com for just the tower prices. The prices are very reasonable, and wont break the bank like they used to.

You will love how much faster your computer will be no matter which way you go I can guarantee that

P.S. Your new or old computer should be able to see your internet connection without any software

Gone Squatchin

Last edited by allentgamer; 07-01-2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Add P.S.
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote