View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 03:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have been reading the Neuropathy Association’s page on their 2nd Annual Intimate Evening Dinner which raised more than $150,000 for the cause. It can be seen on
http://www.neuropathy.org/site/PageS...ndOct1othCeleb .
I feel we should congratulate the Association in raising this amount.

Two things stand out for me. One is the result of a survey they conducted which found that fewer than 7% of all adults asked knew anything about our disorder! The other is about James Gardner who is Vice President of Investor Relations for Pfizer and has a wife who suffers from neuropathy. What a shame he can’t push Pfizer into producing a drug specifically for the relief of neuropathic pain instead of them palming us all off with drugs designed to treat other diseases and then selling them illegally off label in the hope they will help us. Perhaps I just expect too much of our friendly caring drug companies – that must be it.

One other point mentioned refers to the treatment Mother Dolores Hart received when the disease had crippled her. It implies she is now no longer crippled. Does anyone here know what form of treatment Dolores had? I can find nothing on the Association's site. It is certainly wonderful to see her looking so well.

The reference to the Association’s Hollywood growing connection is sounding hopeful too. As has been said here, the more celebs and politicians etc. we can find who suffer from any form of neuropathy and are willing to talk about it the better are the chances of our disease being taken seriously by those who should be doing something for us. We must also raise awareness above 7% somehow and that was amongst educated adults.

Tony
Adastra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote