View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 06:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Jennelle,
I feel for you. I am dealing with WC too right now. I have never had pain meds, I am left to deal with it on my own. I was told the only thing the pm Dr could do for me was nerve blocks. After 6 of those and only lasting about a wk and a half it all came back worse. Now he has put me on Lyrica. As I was increasing the dosage my tremor was getting worse (pm Dr claims he knew nothing of a tremor-nothing written in his notes yet the PT,hand spec. and nurse during one of the nerve blocks all saw it)he then decreaed the dosage but now today wants to double it. I am still in PT but both the Dr and WC ins co. said finish in 4 more sessions. I do have a lawyer now that I am going to call tomorrow, the therapist thinks I should also have been on anti-inflammatories and something to deal with the pain and that I need more therapy. I still don't have full function in my hand but the Dr doesn't even check that. WC sucks. I am scheduled for an FCE in 2 wks so they can see what I can do, so they can get me back to wk and off wc I guess. I am planning on getting in to my pcp and seeing what they say (not sure who will cover that;my ins or wc?). I feel like I have no say in my care either.

Back to your problem; I wouldn't go to the pain clinic. Get your lawyer and pcp to speak up. I have to try doing the same for myself, I'm just not good advocating for myself. My rsd has spread from my original injury in my thumb to my hand and all the way up my arm and I haven't had narcotics.
I'm just wishing I would wake up from this nightmare.
stressedout is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (07-02-2009), Dew58 (07-01-2009), Jennelle (07-03-2009), loretta (07-02-2009)