Thread: Death and Dying
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I have jehova witness friends that believe you stay in your grave till the 2nd coming, and then earth turns into a paradise, and 44oo are called to reign in heaven.

I have baptist friends that believe you immediately to to heaven and are reunited with all your loved ones. That all transgressions are forgiven, and all hatred left behind.

I have catholic friends that believe God is vengeful, and you shall be judge harshly for your sins, and transgressions while here on earth. Sure you can repent at the last minute, but all sins will be tallied, and accounted for when you reach the pearly gates.

As a Paramedic/nurse I have been priveledged to be there for the last moments of so many wonderful lives. I have seen complete terror, and fear, melt into a loving glow of kindness, and wonder. I have seen others who refused to let go of the panic, and terror, and took their last breath afraid, and angry. I think it depends on how, and why you are dying. If its a march towards death, and you have time to process the steps, i think it becomes easier some how to let go, and move on. If its violent or sudden, I think its harder to accept what is happening, and let go and leave this place, when you have made no preparations.

Me? I believe that I have done good work while I have been here. I have tried to be kind, patient, tolerant, and held as many hands as I could. I truly believe that the Lord will weigh me, and measure me and find me to not be lacking. I have tried all my life to be a giver, a lover, and a generous person. Have i been perfect...nope. not by a long shot, but I didnt quit. My hope, my prayer, and my belief is that when I have done all that he needed me to do while I was here, he shall call me home. All of the mysteries of life shall open and be revealed. All of the questions shall be answered. I will have complete and true knowledge of why.

If its in the middle of a cup of tea, or a walk in the woods, or peacefully in my sleep at night, when he is ready, home I go.

None of us get out of here alive. Not one. I think finding a way to come to a belief and a conviction of what is going to happen may help.

Let me hug you Dont be afraid. Many great people have gone before you to pave the way.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Desinie (07-02-2009), dmplaura (07-04-2009), Jappy (07-02-2009), SallyC (07-01-2009), TwoKidsTwoCats (07-01-2009)