View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 09:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yeah, I received one also. I dropped a line to Bill Bell and asked for clarification. The project seems a little specious to me. They're calling it "Find A Cure," which definitely is going to bring an emotional response, cuz of course we all want that. But what they are doing is finding ways that they can better market medical products to us. That's not really about finding a cure. At all.

But, they are making donations in our name to one of the biggest orgs, so that's why they say that it goes toward a cure. Basically, we are working for them by providing detailed information about our medical consuming habits, and in return we are getting paid for our time, except that they are automatically donating our salary to some general fund somewhere, which who knows exactly how it's being used.

I guess some people would be glad to have the part-time work. But somehow painting the picture of a business entity being proactive towards a PD cure, and our participation in it bringing us into this philanthropic fold, when their real purpose is to find out how to make more money from us...why don't they just pay people who are interested in doing the surveys for their time spent, and then let those people decide how to use the money to help PD research?

It makes it seem like it's giving something for nothing. It's not, and it's not clearly focused towards our benefit.

Last edited by Fiona; 07-01-2009 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Strunk and White rules
Fiona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote