View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 03:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The thing is...some allergies can be monitored by symptomatic response. Other sensitivities (Like gluten) cause damage which is not comparable to the symptoms. There can be mild flattening of the villi with major quality of life damaging symptoms. There can be NO noticeable symptoms and total villous atrophy.

With mild symptoms, sure...NAET or acupressure or other experimental medical treatment might be worth a shot. But, first you need to correctly identify the cause of symptoms and method of reaction.

I'm very interested in what goes on with research into corn allergy...since I believe (as was speculated by a dr of mine) that corn causes the same damage in some people that gluten causes in celiacs. From my research, the offending protein theoretically is zein. However...people who react to corn also react to derivatives not containing the corn protein. Which means there's a different principle at work. Until they (we) identify that principle, treatment attempts are just the proverbial shot in the dark.
mistofviolets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote