Old 07-02-2009, 04:31 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default ear plugs and inside noises

Dear Waves,

I have two kinds of ear plugs:
1. silicone that seem waxy so maybe they are wax.
2. memory foam -- on a visit to Texas my father showed me some ear plugs he was using -- they were the same kind (more or less) that he wore in the military.

The silicone ones have warnings all over the package about not putting them in the ear canal. Hello. I prefer not having something to worry about.
I read on a forum years ago when I was first buying ear plugs that the ones made out of memory foam are only good for a few nights because they retain moisture. I guess moisture might interfere with their effectiveness.
I wear the foams ones (silicone ones are put away) if I anticipate a noise problem when I am sleeping or if I am anxious about getting enough sleep -- have not tried them with the alarm to see if I could still hear alarm -- need to do that now that it is occured to me.

That's right about the inside noises. I had not thought of that.
And I would not have known what to call them if I had not read your post. Most of the time I find them disconcerting -- kind of remind me of my human body.
But I know some noises are good noises -- I can remind myself of that.

Thanks for sympathizing.

I think that many of us with bp have heightened senses (maybe not all five, but some).

=-=-=-=
Last night (Tuesday), our a/c went out and I went to bed with only the ceiling fan and with instructions left for hubby to inform apt management before he left for work that a /c needed tending to.

When I woke up much later, the a/c was working!
Good, but also UGH. I was sleeping with the bedroom door open to the hallway while the repair men worked on the a/c in the hallway.

I did not even know that they were there.

Good news: A/C works fine.

M.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-02-2009), Brokenfriend (07-02-2009)