View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Growing up and out

This by far has been the most trumatic outage for so many of us. The last one we needed major equipment upgrade and through donations there was an abundance of funds there to hopefully to maintain the system. John grew up and expanded out from MGH to his new endevour that requires him to trvel.

I agree with so many, if there are 50,000 me4mbers to BT, there are easily that many lurkers and others that find our topics through searches.

So it makes sence to have sa taff, utilize ad's, it is a 501 3C, or whatever the non profit is, so it should be viable to have maintance for the system.

I also agree with the first poster of the moderators. I think John tries to rely on them, at many times they handle matters fine and swiftly. But, unless a moderator is familar with the board they would moderate; to know the regulars, from those who use more than one user name not for anonymity, but rather to troll, resulting in flaming. To not fully comprehend the family structure on each board, when intervention measures are taken to reslove problems,it can lead to harsh unsupported decisions.

We are growing out of a project to a major part of many peoples lives they count on.
I hope that the old information on BT can be safetly retrived, and still there valuable to so many in need of it, now and in the yeears to come.

Yes, like the B-12, the various others that had help from something not so known, something as small as a support wrap, to a recommendation to watch for harmful side affacts are so valuable.
Good post.
DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote