View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 10:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan View Post
Where do Folinic Acid and Acetyl-L-Carnitine fit in the Methylation process, as I have had quite dramatic effect from both of these?

The only other thing I have had a dramatic response from (late in 2007), is Shark Liver Oil (deep sea New Zealand) which helped lift my debilitating fatigue.

I have also been taking Methylcobalamin (sublingually) for over twelve months now and although my B12 level has risen, I haven't felt any appreciable difference by taking it. Nor have I felt any real obvious change with CoQ10. That's not to say that significant things are not happening at the cellular level!

Any thoughts!

Megan

Folinic Acid is a methyl donor. ALCAR isn't a methyl donor itself but through methylation the body produces its own carnitine.

Different people will have different responses to different supplements depending on what they need, the only way to know what you really need is to do the appropriate testing (ONE test). Then you're methylation protocol of supplements needs to be used for 3 to 6 months before the true benefits are realised and you have your health back. This is what i mean you cannot be jumping from one supplement to another and expecting results you also cannot expect permanent results from using something for 2 to 4 weeks even it needs to be long term.

I it no doubt you yourself are undermethylated Megan it just depends what supplements you need. How long have you been using the folinic acid and at what dosage? For methylation dosages are roughly 5mg per day. MethylB12 dosages are 10mg per day.

SAMe is also another very important supplement if not one of the most important but while using it you must be using adequate (B6, B12, Folate) because if not your homocysteine will likely rise.

SAMe is important for normal liver function/detoxification, osteoarthritis, hormones, neurotransmitters, formation of DNA/RNA, depression, creatine, and many many enzymatic reactions in the body.

I am just about to add SAMe to my protocol at 200mg a day.
MetalMX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Megan (07-15-2009)