View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 08:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Latest Neurosurgeon Follow Up

Hey Everybody!! Had a post-op follow up and CT with my neurosurgeon this afternoon. I guess the radiologist was concerned that my vents were smaller than before?? Not sure if neuro meant smaller than before the surgery or since the CT from 3-4 weeks ago. If the vents are smaller NOW than BEFORE SURGERY, then I believe that would indicate that the "old man" (shunt) is/was failing anyway.

On the chance that the vents are smaller now than just 3-4 weeks ago, is this a big deal? I'm thinking not really because I'm NOT having any headaches like before surgery...not nearly like that. The NSG didn't seem concerned with it, he's just concerned with bleeding in the brain (umm..I forgot the technical term off hand...) but he said everything looked good. He OK'd me for job hunting starting Oct 1 (or sooner if I feel up to it) and set another follow up and CT for mid December.

I feel like a whole new person right now...hopefully the vent thing isn't a big issue...I don't wanna go through it all so soon again.
KathiDG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote