Thread: Nerve Block
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 12:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

EE03,

Me too! Was and am glad I have the injections. But since my fusions I haven't had to have an occipital nerve injections; just facet injections at C2/C3 from time to time.

Anyway, no, the procedure I was trying to think of was NOT an RF. I know what that is. It was called something else. I am going to have to find out what the PERMANENT procedure is called. With RF's it is usually, as far as I know, the medial branch nerve that runs across the facet that is ablated. And that particular nerve's sole function in life is just to transmit pain...it is NOT a motor nerve. And those nerves grow back in in a matter of 6 months or so.

Oh, and an SNI is a Selective Nerve Root Injection. I have had those done at C6 but I think only 3 times in 10 years. They are more risky as the doc gets close to the nerve. And those dudes are motor nerves. I know because when he did it my arm flopped like a fish. But he backed off quick; didn't hit it or anything just got a little close. My husband has had the same SNI done in his lumbar.

I have to laugh at DH because he USED to say I don't understand why SOMETIMES the injections hurt you so bad. Well, that's because he always had had an ESI. Well, when he had the SNI, I heard him cuss from two doors down LOL! He said it electrified his leg. But, hey, he was okay; just finally realized that these things are not at all pleasant but we go forth to be rid of the pain. You know...a grin and bear it deal.

And one last thing now that I am on a roll LOL! It is the Facet injections that ALWAYS are painful to me. They are the worst! BUT my PM explained that for most people they are the EASIEST; it's just that my facets are forever inflamed. Anyway, my PM is great and laughs when I say the SNI's are easier on me. According to him most people hate them. So, go figure LOL!
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote