Thread: hello
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 01:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hello

HI my name is Richard, I have recently been diagnosed with Causalgia. It only took 3 doctors and 4 months for them to decide that I wasn't crazy after all. At first it was only a slight burning sensation and what at the time I thought was it itching, that was 4 months ago. I went to the doctor and told them about this and they couldn't see anything on my back, so she sent me to a dermatologist who also didn't see anything. Finally I was sitting at my computer with my shirt off and my wife noticed that the right side of my back was further out than the left side. Ah ha I said to myself, a physical manifestation they can't ignore. So I went to the doctor and for the first time in my life I heard the term Causalgia. He gave me Soma to help me sleep and Celebrex for the pain. That was nearly a month ago. Since then my symtoms have gotten consistently worse with pain more severe and in differnt parts of my body. I have been trying to see a Neurologist but have yet to see one. This is very frustrating to me because I have read the best results for treating this is to attack it early. Sorry for venting about this but I wanted to get this off my chest. Any replies would be appreciated.
Checkmate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (07-04-2009)