View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 03:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry Sick of this disease....

Today all I did was clean out two litter boxes and take out the garbage. I am winded and my muscles are cramping really bad! I mean they hurt enough to make activity very painful. And of course the spasms have started up again too. All I have done other than that all day is sit at this computer. It is ridiculous. I have 3 boys I have to take care of. Needless to say it has been very difficult over the last 5 years.

I take 60 mgs of mestinon(the generic actually) 3 to 5 times a day. I take the max dose(1800mgs) of Gabapentin a day to counteract the migraines from mestinon. Other than that I take a bunch of unrelated drugs. I do not tolerate pred well at all. My heart pounds and I feel like I am gonna pass out if I dont go up super slow or take more than 30 mg. They are gonna start me on Imuran. Finally got the ok to start it today.

I just feel like the meds are not doing enough for my weakness. And then the cramps and spams are very hard to deal with. I have had this disease for 5 years. I recently had a thymectomy, I had gone undiagnosed until recently. I have a few other things wrong with me too but I definitely find the MG the hardest by far to contend with. Even the pain from osteo arthritis and fibromyalgia, or the difficulties of celiac disease, do not compare to MG.

Just wish my life was not spent on a couch(out of necessity).......
Carrie
momma3love is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote