Thread: 9 cavities
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hey BF,

I know there are alot of products on the market that list xylitol in the ingredients. This is because of the studies that have been done showing the health benefits of using it. However, it is SO important to read the label because SO many products are loaded with toxic chemicals, preservatives and carcinogens. It is best to buy a product in it's purest form if at all possible.

With regard to your nightguard......... yes it makes a difference what soap you use and coast soap is not a good idea. Rule of thumb.... if you cannot eat it, then don't wash or soak your dental appliances in it. The exception to this rule is bleach and dentures. It is a good idea to wash dentures in a bleach and water solution occasionally to disinfect them. However, if you clean your nightguard thoroughly with toothpaste and a denture brush every morning, there will be no residue buildup on the appliance and no bacteria.
A great natural soap that is also a disinfectant and can be used on all removable dental appliances is Dr Bronners peppermint soap. It is digestible and biodegradable.

If you are looking for a healthy gum with Xylitol in, try Spry gum. Some health food stores carry it or you can buy it online. Spry also carries Xylitol peppermints which are awesome!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenfriend View Post
I just saw in the Trident Xtra Care gum ingrediences,that they say strengthens your teeth has Less then 2% aspertame. Less then 2% compared to what? Dang! It has Xylitol in it,but it has other things in it too.

The directions on cleaning this Night guard of mine says use soap,and water only. So I do that. Can you use any kind of soap. I may be using the wrong soap. I've been using "Coast"soap. This is strong soap,and maybe I should not be using it.

I don't have a well. It's the city water. I've seen the light brown affect occasionally,which has me concerned. I think that it's been only in the last year,or so. This city is way off the beaten path. It makes me wonder. BF
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (07-02-2009)