View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 09:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess18 View Post
It is vaginal nerve pain, and it is pudendal nueralgia. I have read the vulvodynia and PN are treated with the same meds.. usually an anticonvulsant and antidepressant. Nerves in the pelvic and vaginal area causing burning pain. I don't know what kind of cyst it was but it may have caused some of these problems.
I take Nuerontin, but just started as I needed a nerve blocker. I just wondered if I should ask about Elavil for more nerve blocking and getting rid or lessening of the burning.
Hi,
I am new to this chat. I was diagnosed with Vuvodynia October 2007 by Iowa City Vulvodynia clinic. They were no real help.
Recently I joined the NVA and they are wonderful.
I found Dr. Meltzer through them in NorthBrook Il. He found a rare yeast and helped me get rid of it. I now have neuropathic pain. He told me to find a pain clinic with a neuropathic doctor who could give me a pudental nerve block. I have had 3 so far. The first two were not given into the pudental nerve correctly. Yesterday's block got to the vulva area and has lessened the pain a little and I will have another next week.
I use an ice pack on the vulva area a lot which is annoying.
I tried neurotin before and went off of it for my hysterectomy in Feb 2008.
I am going to try amitripilyn starting at 25mg tonight and may retry neurotin later. Hope I am helpful
lbayless
lbayless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote