View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 07:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Going to Neurologist with Mra and Mri results tomorrow, what do I need to ask him?

Hi,

I am new here, I was recently dx with Tos and had noticed a gradual pain weakness feeling in my arms for several months and then had a big flare up recently which sent me back and he ordered blood work, and MRI of C spine and MRA of arteries with contrast. ON left side was worst. The blood work was ok for most stuff potassium one point higher than average. Should I be referred to a vascular Dr. or does it depend on where the most pressure is?

Can a neurologist work with this problem? I was sent to him for migraines and then tremors, and keep getting more symptoms, none of the above being resovled yet. Luckily have not had a head ache since then was tried on topomax, could not take, then Neurontin, ditto. I have sample triptans but haven't had to try one yet.

I also have fibromyalgia, CFS and POts and now my legs are hurting real bad all of a sudden! I was prescribed Tramadol ER for the TOS which helps somewhat, it has actully felt a bit better now. But I used to take one 37.5 tramadol a day or 2 maybe and it completely took leg pain away. Now I am on the ER version I really would prefer the regular don't like the way I feel on it constantly.

Thanks for any input. Can I ask for stronger drugs if pain gets worse?
lailavia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote