View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 01:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you for this info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by allentgamer View Post
Hi Melody, I believe you can do all the things you want to do. The only thing you might want to do is price the items you want to change, and then ask the guy down the street how much the labor will be to do this upgrade.

Once you find out how much this upgrade is going to be, then go look around at some of the new computers. Here lately the prices have been coming down on computers, and you might be surprised to find that buying a new one wont be all that much more than upgrading your old one.

I was wondering if you know if your hard drive and DVD are SATA or not? I am guessing it probably isnt. SATA makes programs, picture editing, video editing, and DVD burning a bit more snappy than what you would be used to, and if you add a core 2 duo processor it will be quite a bit faster than what you have. Especially if your computer speed has been slowed by a virus, or just plain old clutter in the registery.

You can look on newegg.com, or tigerdirect.com for just the tower prices. The prices are very reasonable, and wont break the bank like they used to.

You will love how much faster your computer will be no matter which way you go I can guarantee that

P.S. Your new or old computer should be able to see your internet connection without any software
I am going to replace my old laptop with a desktop. I don't know yet what to get. I need to have something that will edit video and I create a lot of illustrations and need a really good program for that... powerpoint video presentations... I need a lot of memory and whatever else. It will be an investment. But since I retired, I was spoiled with my computer at work and now have time to do some things at home... buy not with this laptop dinosaur.

I've looked a Dell..? They have a pretty fast copier/printer which I need something for publishing children's books Right now I"m printing everything on Hp and is really slow. My profits don't look to great if I figure the time put in...

Well I'm rambling a bit.... I may need to pick your brain later. I'm just doing a lot of reading and searching and taking notes now. I want to make a good decision.

Anyway, back to the thanks.... You've added to my notes!!!!

HANG IN THERE!

If I had to sum up FRIENDSHIP in one word, it would be COMFORT. ~Adabella Radici

MS/dx2006
BETASERON (Quit May 2011)
COPAXONE (Began June 2011)
Friend2U is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (07-03-2009)