View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 01:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi everyone!

Hi everyone, so sorry for missing out on so much! Couldn't reply after the last post as went into sort of a crisis and was put on oxygen for close to two weeks. It was soooo scary, the first time I found myself being unable to breathe and gasping for air, even though I had breathing tubes attached. The sound I made then while gasping for air still freaks me out.

After more than a month in the hospital, am back in Singapore now, and readjusting to everything here again. The doctors there put me on a trial of mestinon, after I tested positive for a few segments in the Tensilon test, but the mestinon didn't help much so they took me off that after a few days. Now they're suspecting MND or ALS, which sounds so much scarier than MG. Did 3 emgs there, my first showed some damage in a few areas, my second (done 2-3 wks after the first) showed more damages and in more areas, and the neuro was exceptionally concerned as based on that EMG, he could diagnose me with MND. He then asked me to do a third one, which was more optimistic then the second emg, though worse off than the first.

Now they're monitoring me for 6 mths, after which I'll do the emg again to see if the results are the same or if the symptoms have progressed. Am not really thinking much about what MND or ALS entails, just doing my best to get better. Haven't really heard about MND or ALS until the docs there told me about it. Geez. That pretty much sums up the past month. Am just so happy to be out of the hospital and off the breathing tubes/oxygen mask.

Have missed all of you, how's everyone doing???
ConnieS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote