View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 05:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default project

Rick,
This sounds like a great project that has the potential to make an impact on PD world (realized it only after reading Perry's email. Thanks!). I think we should all give it a try/ Several people have already volunteered to edit, Linda's book can be used as a model. I am ready to start and if needed be a "co-pilot' with you/Linda/Perry or whoever is interested.
Like you suggested, we need a core group of people 5-6 to decide on topics and assign the job of pulling out posts and getting permissions and putting them together.
I am volunteering my services for whatever the job may be.

Lets get started and hope this project takes a life of its own!!

Some of the action items to initiate this project.

Any volunteers for the core group? It would be great to have atleast a few senior members of this forum and those who already participated in Linda's book.

Linda, you may have already posted it, sorry I havenot looked back into the posts, where can I get a copy of this book?

What are the topics that are of interest? we have one message on this subject, please add to that.

Do you have a favorite topic you like to search and pull out posts and get permissions?

Any voluteers for writing introductions, comments/summaries for each chapter?

I am really excited about this project, and here is how I see it

My idea is to make this book a living testimonial of PD from our perspective and sort of like the photobooks "A day in the life of ", not just a day, but years! It will be a mirror of our passions, frustrations, joys, compassion, friendships, relationships gained and lost, life style changes, identities gained/lost and most of all how we are trying to make the best out of a situation none of us bargained for. Of course, all these points from the care givers' point of view too. Evrything comes from the posts and may be some intro to the topics. If people are uncomfortable with names being used, we can stick to initials. Threads where we had heated debates on different topics (edited of course!) would be great additions!!

Thanks
Girija

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
Don't misunderstand. I'm all for the project in any form and I have thought about it. It is just that I don't have the time to do it justice.

Of more concern to me, however, is the question of whether or not the group as a whole has the energy to take this on as an initial project. It is one thing to go through the archives selecting from existing material and putting together an attractive PDF file for multiple use. But quite another to incorporate video, original material,publishers, etc. That is easily an increase of ten-fold if done right.

Perhaps it could be done in such a way that the ability to expand by adding modules could be designed in from the start. Standardized design elements such as logos would be a start. Get this first module out the door as a morale booster.
girija is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote