View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 07:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Don-
I am so sorry for the pain you are going through. I've been there. It can seem absolutely incredible that the doctors can't diagnose you. Assuming you are at a major health center, preferably one associated with a medical school, we have to know your doctors are good. In fact, I came to the conclusion that I would only go to a doctor who would say "I don't know." It is better to be treated by someone who recognizes their limitations and will strive to find answers than by someone with a god complex who makes the situation fit his 'diagnosis.' It will take time.

On the bright side, your getting sick caught the brain aneurysm before it did anything. From what symptoms you shared, it seems like you have developed reactive arthritis in response to the initial infection. You don't mention what meds you were put on to help with your eyes' inflammation but it was probably a steroid base. As they give us meds to help with our autoimmune system going into overdrive, it can be a balancing act and suddenly the autoimmune system can act suppressed as it is still trying to fight off the infection - which probably grew stronger during this.

Best wishes for strength,
Noreen
nspin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote