View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 07:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart been there too

Quote:
Originally Posted by magenta272 View Post
I've been diagnosed with B12 defiency about a month ago... I was actually glad it was something because if it wasn't it just ment I was loosing my mind and that wasn't going to fly. But now, I am having difficulty with my dr and don't feel I am getting the proper treatment.

I really wanted to talk to others with my situation. Anyone?

Hello Magenta,
My story is so long I'll save it for now. I also had trouble with doctors - even one I trusted for over 20 years. My first idea is that you must find a doctor who will give you the tests you need. What is your B12 level and did they do an intrinsic antibody test? All the information you need is here... you just have to be willing to read read read. The neurologist who finally suggested a B12 test was seeing me for a possible diagnosis of ms. Also I was within 3 days of having extensive surgery on my cervical spine - which would probably have killed me. So I know all too well the frustrations of finding treatment. One thing I will say is that doctors seem to know very very little about vitamin deficiencies. The neurologist (second one I saw) who finally thought of the B12 level test told me that I was the first pernicious anemia case he had seen in 10 years. Unbelievable, isn't it??? Let me know more about you. If you feel more comfortable you can send me a private message; it's up to you. I promise I'll respond. Nancy
pearl girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (07-06-2009)