View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart no need for apology... and a rant of my own

You did say you felt you needed to vent, and so you did. I didn't find it particularly obnoxious either. I guess i see no need for the apology, but appreciate the intent, anyway - it's ok, and i didn't take anything personally.

(Now... I was a leaf-blower machine in a former life, and let me tell you young lady, t'ain't no picnic....bla bla bla ) OK OK sorry, idiotic attempt at humor. Those machines DO make an amazing amount of noise, though, i agree. They sound like they blow gravel or sand or something, not air.

I went to sleep... and even got to sleep... early tonight. with a concert of whiny music going on in the park below. woke up at some point with the concert either in a break or wrapping up, and there was DJ music on... playing what a feeling, first, and then maniac. come to think of it perhaps it was a car playing a loud stereo after the concert as i was not awake enough to really know. anyway all this outside my window at night. i didn't resort to plugs because i was so tired i was able to go to sleep even despite the whining folk player. also i didn't mind his guitar playing. i just didn't like the way he sang (weird pronunciation too). at the beginning of every song my brain kept tripping over itself "hearing" stuff in English - which nothing was - and having to resort itself out linguistically... that was interesting... or frustrating.

what riles me the most - and town hall really oughtta protect us better in this sense - we should complain to the newly elected Mayor in fact - is that this concert STARTED at 11 pm. and it was in the town park which is completely surrounded by PRIVATE RESIDENCES. i do believe to play in that park they need permission from Town Hall.

i was too ticked and too tired to post about it then. for some reason i woke up now that everything is quiet (go figure) and even still half-dark, although the birds have started up already. i was hungry. i just had cereal. i guess this means i will nap in the day again. sigh.

Anyway, sounds good to be moving to a less "crowded" neighborhood. perhaps it will be less noisy as well.

~ waves ~