View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 11:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question 60 year old female frozen shoulders...

Hi,
I suffered with sudden onset of frozen shoulders Dec '08. Started in my right shoulder and 3 months later the left one joined in. I have no medical insurance and was laid off my job. So....I suffered with it. Finally after 6 months I couldn't dress myself. The pain was so bad. I held both arms tight against my sides and dreaded a trip to the bathroom or shower. I went to a "sports medicine" doctor that my brother recommended with a credit card. He said I had little pockets of something like scar tissue all thru my shoulders and I had to do physical excercises. He knew I had no insurance and he showed me the exercises. He said you will hear little "popping" sounds as the frozen scar-like things break up. It was so painful. But, I wanted my life back. I took a shot of Jack Daniels everyday and five minutes later started the movements he told me to do. So help me...It sounded like a bowl of rice crispies cracking and popping with ever movement. And, with each "pop" I regained a little more movement and a little less pain. I'm still doing them. Both arms just feel really heavy now. I can lift both over my head and out to each side. I still can't reach behind my back. But! But! I can dress and take care of my personal needs. From the time I started the exercises to the time I could dress and shower again was only 2 weeks. However....now I have just read that frozen shoulders can be one of the first signs of Parkinsons? Anybody know anything about this being a symptom. I cared for my Mother who had Parkinsons but she never had frozen arms. Her legs became ridged and her hand shook. Thanks Folks.
BrenBren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (07-04-2009), azoyizes (07-04-2009), DejaVu (07-05-2009)