View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 11:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Arrow Nervous? Constant headache, thoughts of death?

Hi,
I went on a crash diet years back. I depleted my vitamin B (all of them). I spent so much money trying to find a doctor who could tell me what was wrong. No doctor ever asked about my eating habits... I was ready to jump off a bridge (really). I had a contant headache in the back of my head, morbid thoughts, very nervous, crying with fits of rage. I'm sweet and clam so I know there was something going on and it was bad. I prayed and found out I needed B. I went to the drug store and bought a good B-Complex and took as directed. Within 3 days I was my old self. I think maybe Doctors don't want us to know most things that go bad with us are due to bad nutritian. It's easy to fix and bad for business. Ha! Just kidding. doctors are good to have around if they're a good caring one. Doctors should ALL have to take a year of nutrician and how it affects the body. OR, let's all go to a nutritianist first. (sorry for any bad spelling)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl girl View Post
Hello Magenta,
My story is so long I'll save it for now. I also had trouble with doctors - even one I trusted for over 20 years. My first idea is that you must find a doctor who will give you the tests you need. What is your B12 level and did they do an intrinsic antibody test? All the information you need is here... you just have to be willing to read read read. The neurologist who finally suggested a B12 test was seeing me for a possible diagnosis of ms. Also I was within 3 days of having extensive surgery on my cervical spine - which would probably have killed me. So I know all too well the frustrations of finding treatment. One thing I will say is that doctors seem to know very very little about vitamin deficiencies. The neurologist (second one I saw) who finally thought of the B12 level test told me that I was the first pernicious anemia case he had seen in 10 years. Unbelievable, isn't it??? Let me know more about you. If you feel more comfortable you can send me a private message; it's up to you. I promise I'll respond. Nancy
BrenBren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (07-06-2009), pearl girl (07-04-2009)