View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 12:06 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Julie, I hear ya too! That has been a rant of mine for years and years and years!

In fact, there was a special on the Today Show not long ago, and forgive me for not remembering it word for word. But they were talking about the problem at work of 'presenteism' or however you would spell it. As opposed to absenteeism! There are companies, such as Google I believe it was, that tell their employees to please stay at home when they feel they are just too sick to work, but instead come to work.

I've seen it all my 21 years at where I work. It's most especially a problem with the 'bigger wigs', the professors, etc. They come to work with fevers, coughing, spewing, laryngitis, etc. Drives me nuts!!!! And then when the support staff get sick because of that, they have a fit when we stay home from work!!!

They had statistics of how production goes way down when someone comes to work sick and that companies are much better off if people stay home and keep their germs to themselves.

Your rant comes through loud and clear! It drives me nuts!!!!! I so agree...STAY HOME when you are sick. Anyone knows when they are not well enough to be at work or places they shouldn't be.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote