View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 12:28 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Vanessa,
I really don't think it matters what kind of Dr. you see for the RSD if they are open to giving you major pain meds, getting blocks, getting good pt, getting good Mental health care for the RSD, or anything else that works for controlling of the RSD.

I saw 4 PM Drs. a Rheumetologist, 3 Neurologist, 2 Physcharitist, and 2 Physchologist. I ended up being taken care of by my PCP. He is also a Sports Medicine Dr. and he councels me also.

What you'll find is some Drs. no matter what kind are not good for anything accept diagnosing you and then just not doing anything to help get the RSD under control. Some feel you donot need narcotics, some doesn't know enough about RSD nor do they want to know. I believe it's because it is such a hard medical problem to get under control and they know there is no end to the care so they don't want to deal with it. Also some are afraid to deal with it aggressively with narcotics to the point it sometimes needs to be delt with.

You may not find the right Dr. at first but just keep at it until you find one that isn't afraid of it. Don't just think you are going to go to a Neurologist and he will jump right on it. Don't get discouraged if that doesn't happen. Anyone on here can tell you it's so hard to get the right Dr. for it. Their stories tell what they have been through to get the right help.

It's always sad to see so many new ones have to come here but you will learn a lot from everyone here and get very good support.

Have a good evening.
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote