View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 11:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Fasiculations and B12??

[QUOTE=mrsD;500230]Cyanocobalamin is the commercial synthetic form of B12 that was patented more than 40 yrs ago. For many years it was the only one. The body cannot utilize this form of B12 and has to
remove the Cyano portion (cyanide) and methylate it in order for the tissues to use it properly.

Hi again, GRATITUDE and appreciation for your links and incredible service on this site. I am working my way thru the links and slowly learning what I need to tackle the during next steps in discovery. Seeing local neurologist in couple weeks need a starting point for ruling out what is not happening.

My questions regard nerve fasciculations. Small, subtle, yet very rapid involuntary muscle contractions in my calf muscles. A sort of pulsing which is not painful but disturbing since it mimics larger movements which could happen if I was walking etc... Unable to rest as a result.

I could not find any references in the nutritional info. Or PN stuff. Is it lumped in with RSL and not a separate symptom? I have been diagnosed with CKD, CHF, HCV, Cryoglobulenemia which induced vasculitis, Stroke '03 Treated with interferon alpha a and rituxamab. Currently on 3 anti-hypertensives plus Toursemide, (learned of thiamine deficiency in regard to these). Get monthly b B12 shots for anemia. healthy diet.

Stroke was located in basil ganglia portion of brain, with severe RSL or Parkinsons like tremors as main symptoms. Along with left side partial paralysis. Overcome much of after affects thru sheer stubbornness and refusal to give up. Lately feeling more than a little sick of being my own medical treatment planner without any interest from 12 or more doctors.

What a nightmare. If not for meditation, I would appear as unhealthy as my list is long. Not sure if it is lucky or not actually, since many docs simply make an assessment that I must be crazy or psychosomatic since I look so normal. (Reverse health bigotry is what I call it). Additional challenges on top of everything else to be taken seriously. A common refrain I notice.

Would love some support in my journey a little shy and uncertain how to proceed. Suggestions welcome....

Thanks and happy Fourth to you and friends and family!
tinglytoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (11-19-2009), EdmundUK (05-09-2016)