View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 01:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default more ramblings....!!!

Shelley- Thanks for your advice. I am waffling now for what to do. I saw Dr Jordan on friday. I totally know what you mean- some days he is really busy, and his office is run by a bunch of chickens who have clearly lost their heads. Friday my appt was missing from the books adn when I got there they weren't expecting me. I told them that sicne my originaly appt was Dec 4 and this was the first day they could reschedule me for and they'd BETTER fit me in...and they did. I was lucky because it made me the first patient after lunch. Timing is everything as he was all relaxed when he came in and talked quite thoroughly with me. Side note: He and I connect on a personal level as we are both big soccer fans. He is also the team neurologist for the US Men's national team, and I think that is just way cool. If you look his name up in the literature, you will find a few studies he did on head injuries in soccer.

The visit actually went really well...for one, as I posted on the botox thread- my pulse is back on the right side ...YAY!!! Now of course Dr Jordan attributed this to the botox alone. I know for sure that it was a combination of the botox and the chiro and the massage therapist and the hellerworker. Who has what percentage of the success? Couldn't tell you!! But I am happy to hear about progress, and I do think it is unlikely either would have done it alone.

I can't take lyrica or most muscle relaxers yet b/c my littlest just isn't ready to give up nursing. Plus she's an asthma baby, so I feel the need to give her anything I can that might help fight off a cold. On other days Dr Jordan has encouraged me to stop so I could try some other things (and quit draining my own body of essential fatty acids...), but not this last visit. That can all wait till I am done. She is my last baby. A few vicadin and a heating pad can be pretty relaxing after a day with her.

Anyhow, he agreed that the timing for PT was good and was very sympathetic and understanding regarding me needing some help to keep the rest of me in working order. Of course, he suggested his own favorite PT who works out of the office next to CAST (where Dr Ahn is). And offered that I could bring my husband in and Dr Jordan himself would teach my husband how to give me a proper stretch each evening, like after a hot shower, and that it may very well help me as much as PT.

So...Anyone gone to Kevin at west side Spine and Rehab? How do I know whether to go to him or to Joyce? I am going to have to give that some thought. Dr Jordan seemed very confident in his abilities. He definitely didn't even count PT by someone other than a TOS expert as real PT. And picked Kevin out as the guy to go to even in an PT place that does mostly all TOS.

man I am rambiling here....

ON another note, my husband has been much better since the last time I worte...we kind of had it out and I think he remembered that oh yeah, I do feel crappy, not just being lazy. It is a good point to rememebr that sometimes he needs to be listened to and let it out. He used to have lots of time to spend with his friends, but not anymore, since #3 came along.

yea still rambling. got to stop this late night stuff. haven't even had any vicadin.

Would love to talk more. I'll be in Santa Monica on friday morning for PT, PM me if you would be interested in meeting for coffee or lunch or whatever. I have an appt at 8:15, so I expect I'll be done by 10 or so if not earlier.

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote