View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 07:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Daniella and All!

In the past, I have had great luck with Vitamin B-6, in the form of pyridoxal 5 phosphate or P-5-P. At the same time, too much B-6 intake has reportedly/allegedly caused peripheral neuropathy for some people. If you try this option, do not overdo your daily total intake of B-6.

Many people take B-6 intake too far, thinking if a little is good, more is better. This can be detrimental to one's health.

I am tempted to suggest dosages to you; however, I am not a physician, nor otherwise licensed/qualified by law to suggest dosages to you. Please consult a physician, pharmacist or other qualifed/licensed professional to be safe.

When taking advice on the uses of, and the dosages of, supplements/vitamins, I'd strongly encourage everyone to consider obtaining this advice from a few excellent/trustworthy sources. I have used vitamins/supplements extensively for over 25 years and have found no one source of information is always the most up-to-date and accurate.

One of the ways to decrease edema, in some cases, is to be sure one has a good balance of protein:carbohydrate intake. Lack of protein, or too many carbs can cause water retention, according to some thories/experiences.

Diclofenac Sodium Gel gets many mixed reviews, like most other options! I'll be interested to see what your experience is with this! Many people, not all, find this formulation to be irritating to their skin. I have spoken at length with a few compounding pharmacists on this topical formulation; their general consensus is the "vehicle" in this formulation tends to be relatively "caustic" to the skin and does not adequately deliver the medication into the area one is hoping to treat.
(Compounding pharmacists tend to use more advanced "vehicle" formulations, ensuring better delivery of the topical medication... or so they claim. This has been my own experience when comparing the efficacy of the diclofenac sodium gel and other compounded formulations. I won't get further into this topic just now. Feel free to conatct me re: my experiences with this.)

Give the diclofenac sodium a good trial to see if it is helpful to you!
(We all have our own individual reactions.)

I hope you find the diclofenac sodium topical helpful!
I also hope other safe measures are helpful to you!
Always stay as "safe" as possible in looking for helpful approaches.
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (07-05-2009)