View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 08:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Welcome BrenBren!

Welcome BrenBren!

So glad to have you here with us on the NT forums!

I am sorry you have been suffering with "frozen shoulders!" Ouch!

I can empathize with you, to some degree, as I'd had my first experience with this immediately after a surgery last July! For me, this had started in one shoulder and was very severe.

I have heard, and have read, that sometimes a frozen shoulder will start on one side and then eventually spread to the other! Is this how it had happened with you?

I am glad you were given exercises to help you with this.
Some references claim the frozen shoulder will release itself within approx. 6 months. I was much better at the 6 month mark; however, still not back to 100% in that shoulder. I have more shoulder "rehab" to complete yet!

(I also do feel my other shoulder has been trying to "freeze up," yet I continue to do range of motion exercises with it and hope this prevents further issues.)

Yes! There are many references to a "frozen shoulder" possibly serving as an early sign of Parkinson's Disease onset. Just to clarify for all readers: This does not mean all cases of "frozen shoulder" are related to PD.

Have you been to the PD forum?
There are other forums here, as well, that may be of interest to you!
Please stop in on any and simply "jump in" and post if you feel inclined to do so!

Again, welcome! I think you will find lots of informaton and support here!
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote