View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 10:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default what type rem disorder

what type of rem disorder do u have?

i think docs often treat symptoms without finding the underlying cause. then the side effects of treatment must be treated. this is a vicious spiral.

if heidi's theory is correct it costs nothing to try a gluten free diet. if it is not gluten try eliminating other things. it is sort of like when a mechanic works on a car. he replaces the most likely thing, and if that does not fix it, he replaces the 2nd most likely part etc etc.

it sounds as if your doc is a mechanic. the docs can be wrong u know. they often were wrong with me.

my rem disorder is that i act out my dreams. i also have panic attacks and they most often happen at night. what works for me is reducing stressors in my life. that is not always possible but i still try my best. in my case docs did more harm than good, as they usually added to my stress. they were also fond of calling it "my alleged sleepwalking" like i could fake breaking bones while sleepwalking.

if i could have a good doc i would go to one. i think they are terribly rare.

just an observation - some meds cause panic attacks. codeine for example. sometimes i get impprovement just by getting off meds period.
tied is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote