View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 11:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Please take really good care!

Hi Daniella,

I am sorry you are in such a flare up!

I'd wanted to mention the fact that I had found the "dosing cards" (or "dosing sheets") enclosed with the topical diclofenac very helpful in not using too much! Many people love these dosing cards as they help so very much with determining just how much gel to us and how often...as well helping with which sites on the body to apply the gel!

Too much and you may suffer more systemic side-effects... too little and you may not get the optimal response for you.

With GI issues, as you know, you don't want to absorb too much diclofenac from the gel. NSAIDs tend to have an affinity for the GI tract cells and often find their way there, no matter the route of administration. The idea with this type of a topical, is to more absorb locally and to not absorb so much systemically.

Please be careful, Daniella, as you sound very tired and I am concerned about just how depleted you may be at this time. You feel you may be dehydrated? I hope you will be able to tolerate getting yourself more hydrated? If not, I hope you will seek medical attention?

Take really good care!

P.S. Daniella, you may already know all about all I have written above. Please don't be offended. I also try to write so readers, in general, will know what we are discussing, as they may not have ever used a topical medication or seen a "dosing card/sheet," etc.
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote