Thread: OT- my mom
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 05:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It's always hard to have bad things happen at holiday times, but it seems that is the time they do.

I think I mentioned my vacation to Michigan at the beginning of December, which didn't happen at that time because of my health. Probably due to my poor eating habits, my chemical imbalance came back and the panic attacks were worse than ever, so I was put on Celexa. On the 16th I decided I had to try to make this trip, if you know me, you know I felt I was disappointing everyone else. The trip there was pretty uneventful except for the fact that I could not find a decent cup of coffee once I left the island. Then the fun all began, my family has a knack for stressing me out. I had a nasty panic episode on Wednesday afternoon and evening, then again on Thurs morning as I was preparing to leave for home and anyone who has had panic knows it exhaust your whole body, so the 12 hour drive turned into 18 hours!

On the way home we received a phone call that my youngest grandchild was in the hospital (over 1/2 way home, too far to turn around), the grandchild I was not allowed to meet. He is only 2 months old today, he was admitted because he was vomiting blood, which turned out to be a protein problem, which they have given him protein efficiency meds for, then he was admitted again Friday night with a croupy cough. This they could not decide whether it was RSV or whooping cough. Tests came back negative for both, yet they found that he also needs meds for gas problems and that he has sleep apnea and was finally sent home on Christmas day with a monitor. The mother and my son are not together and I personally do not feel she is able to take care of this baby.

I am very happy to be home, although my sweetheart here is having a major knee problem right now and was hardly able to walk on Christmas eve day. He had some major testing done yesterday.

So, tis the season to be jolly and we all must try to see the bright side of things. Lets ring in a New Year of good health for all!!!!!!!!!!!!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote