View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 10:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default doctor dilemma

oh my magenta272 -- you are having a time of it. I understand completely. Venting helps, so you found an excellent place for it. The frustrations concerning doctors are unbelievable. I'm nearing one year since the numbness started in my hands and feet - my first indicators of what would eventually turn out to have been pernicious anemia.

But before that diagnosis, I saw at least five doctors. I need to see one now and I have no intention of returning to the ones previously seen for several reasons -- primarily lack of knowledge and lack of any professional concern for my well being.

I have no answer; just empathy. I'm going to try to do something tomorrow, Monday - exactly what???? don't know. It's bad enough to feel awful without the medical profession misdirecting you, or ignoring you, or questioning your sanity. Not to mention insurance issues - another nightmare.

The only people I have any good to say about right now are Pharmacists and Nurses... they seem to know more than most doctors. I'll even throw in a good word for some DO's ... There, now I've said my piece too.

Don't give up; I won't until I get the right answers. Everything I have learned has been right here on the forum.

Forum 10 : Doctors 0.
Take good care and try to keep your chin up.
pearl girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (07-06-2009)