Old 07-06-2009, 08:04 AM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Hi Jon,

When you sign your full name to a post, there's no way we can "filter" such a thing out (since we never ask for your full name upon registration). So although I understand your angst and upset, I think your expectation that we can take care of this automatically in some manner is not possible for us.

Having said that, though, we are happy to go back and edit posts -- assuming we're not talking about hundreds of posts -- where you've signed your full name to the post and remove that piece of information. This will eventually be re-indexed by search engines, removing that information from their database. You just need to PM me with the links to the posts where this information appears, and I will edit out your name from the posts.

I always encourage people to understand their privacy choices online, especially when it comes to their own personal health information. You are ultimately responsible for that information and controlling how and when you release it. We've never suggested these forums aren't indexed by search engines (as are most forums online).

DocJohn
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (07-09-2009), Chemar (07-06-2009), Darlene (07-08-2009), Jomar (07-06-2009), judymoody (07-07-2009), Koala77 (07-06-2009), mrsD (07-06-2009), olsen (07-06-2009), Pamster (07-07-2009)