View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 08:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Stressedout,

So sorry you are going through this. It took my doctors 16 months to figure out what is wrong with me, so my RSD was pretty set in by the time they started treating me. Mine did not spread UNTIL my SG blocks. After my second block, it spread from my ankle up my leg and into my knee. My doctor said that some PM docs will do tons of blocks, but the truth is that if the pain returns after the second or third block, the blocks are NOT working. I would avoid doing any more of them if you can.

My Tramadol doesn't do a whole lot for me, but my doc says it has mild anti-depressant properties, so if you stay on it, you might at least be able to avoid some of the stress triggers- mine gets really bad when I am stressd out too. If you don't have the choice to get other medications until you can get a second opinion, I would at least stay with the Tramadol and see if it helps after it has been in your system for a while.

I completely understand your frustration with the pain. I feel like screaming soemtimes because nothing stops the pain (I'm on Tramadol, Neurontin, Cymbalta,and Hydrocodone 10/325). The best thing you can do is keep living your life the best that you can so this disease doesn't take over. Good luck. I really hope you are able to get some relief soon.
amb97 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (07-24-2009)