View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 11:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the clarification. In the future I'll leave my last name at home with the cat. It didn't seem to matter within the inclusive kitchen setting of this forum, but at least for a while longer I'm keeping up my cloaking shields to the outside world. Saves me from having to be asked, "and now tell me, how are you doing?" Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJohn View Post
Hi Jon,

When you sign your full name to a post, there's no way we can "filter" such a thing out (since we never ask for your full name upon registration). So although I understand your angst and upset, I think your expectation that we can take care of this automatically in some manner is not possible for us.

Having said that, though, we are happy to go back and edit posts -- assuming we're not talking about hundreds of posts -- where you've signed your full name to the post and remove that piece of information. This will eventually be re-indexed by search engines, removing that information from their database. You just need to PM me with the links to the posts where this information appears, and I will edit out your name from the posts.

I always encourage people to understand their privacy choices online, especially when it comes to their own personal health information. You are ultimately responsible for that information and controlling how and when you release it. We've never suggested these forums aren't indexed by search engines (as are most forums online).

DocJohn
aquario is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (07-06-2009)