View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 12:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris77usmc View Post
Thank-you Mark, that is very helpful. As far as OP therapy, I did about 4 or 5 months of physical and occupational. They said that I passed all the tests for speech and that I didnt need it.

Do you have any ideas on how to practice my balancing? I do things all the time like try to balance and walk on curbs, close my eyes and stand on one foot, etc. I do tai-bo videos and practice kickboxing...as long as I keep working at it, will it keep getting better? My doctors told me that if I dont use it, I'll lose it. So, my entire right side is ataxic. Will that go away? Its definately getting better. I couldnt even take abite of food without it all falling off the fork by the time I got it to my mouth!! And I'm right-handed. But I didnt change hands to write, and I noticed that I'm gaining back some muscle density and my hand-writing is improving.

I'm just beginning to understand all this, so I dont know if this is a dumb question or not, but you said that those of us with a brain injury and dysfunction have a limited amount of brain cells to use to accomplish tasks...can we build new ones?
You know how they say that vegging out in front of the TV kills brain cells? You use less brain cells watching TV then you do sleeping...I dont watch TV! I took up reading instead. I do all these little different things, but I dont know if they're really helping or is it all in my head?
welcome I have balance issues, there have been long term study's done on brain injured people and gate can be one of the enduring symptoms, if I closes my eyes I will start to sway and lose orientation read the brain that changed itself

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread55517.html

for some insight
vini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote