View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 01:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you all for the nice welcome.

I've been doing a lot of reading on this forum; what a great place to learn. I have also had my doctors send me their files so I can read what they actually said about my condition.

The last doctor I went to a few years ago was hard to understand because his accent was so strong. I should have asked for a report back then. What I did get from him was that there weren’t any cures available other than taking good care of my self and supplemental vitamins.

I was reading about the TOS symptoms, which sounded like I may have a good lead on something other than what my doctor suggested; however, now that I have my reports in hand I find that option not really available.

The prognosis was Amyotrophy, moreover, HNPP. This was based on the DNA results that there is a deletion of the PMP22 gene. I am very fortunate that it affecting only one arm and I have not had any symptoms on other parts of my body. I went for quite some time without any progression until recently; the past few months I have noticed a decline in strength and flexibility. I know if I over use this arm I end up with a lot of pain under the shoulder blade (muscle tension) and the whole nerve coming from the neck down to my wrist.

I’ll be searching the web looking for others with this anomaly and sites to learn from; any help in searching will be greatly appreciated.

Jim
JimBobWay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote