View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Default Yes, Rose, It has happened

One day, before my husband left for work and was taking a shower, I was carrying a load of laundry down to the laundry room. I froze between steps, and the forward position my body was in tllted me done the last step. I was leftbeing tilted toward toward the wall with all my weight resting on the top of my feet. I was in agony for 3 minutes screaming, but after my brain began functioning, dropped the laundry which broke my freeze. At this point I could do little but moan and wait for help.

The emergency room doctor said he had never seen more swelling around ankles in his life. No bones were broken but I had severely damaged the muscles in my ankles. That was ween we began searching for a one level home. It was putting my own children in danger, but it felt just as helpless.

Don't add to the pile of guilt you probably carrying as a parent with PD. Accidents happen all the time. The flood didn't pick a time for a patient to come along. You may have had your health, beenoverly confident and tried to save your children, and they may have been forced to watch you swept away in the flood. Blame the weather, blame the DNR, blame the ice age, but, Please don't blame your disease and yourself. I definitely agree with your comments about our city police, Fire, and Paramedics. They are living angels.
vlhperry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rose of his heart (07-07-2009)