View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 02:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Ibayless,

Sorry for not answering before but my husband has been in hospital and.....

I do not know much myself. I have tried Amitriptilyn but it messed up my thyroid meds, so I quit after two weeks - no improvement of the vulvodynia in those two weeks.

The doctor did not find any yeast or other diseases. I was just very very red and sore to the point of not being able to sit or walk. The doctor suggested mental techniques in order to be my own master and cited some books. Frankly, I have no confidence in those, so I have not tried the books. The doctor does not have any other clues.

What I have tried and what has worked to a degree is: a creme/ointment used for cows' tits applied in the vulva area but not inside the vagina. It has cured the red sore vulva, and the skin has returned to normal pink. Inside though is still too sore for anything, and the doctor advised not to apply the creme in there. During my period the vulvodynia flares up, but afterwards it gets back to "normal". It is tolerable now, and I can sit, walk and dance. Sex however is still hurtful inside but possible on the outside if kept short.

What else can I say? I am trying to live with it, being tired of no-one knowing how to help or even disbelieving or explaining away my constant pain as a trick of the mind. I would have thought that a woman doctor would be more forthcoming.

Good luck everyone and have a nice summer!

Take care and be well!
GanaQ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote