View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 02:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I agree with the "KEEP YOUR GERMS TO YOURSELF" group! For those of us who have small ones at home, we don't want to carry them home to them. As with Julie, when going to the dinner and finding out the brother in law was sick. That was very selfish of the sister to not tell everyone before the arrived that he was sick. In our family we always send out the warning, or we don't show.
I also hate it when those who come to work sick share their germs with those of us who aren't. Not only is it unhealthy, it's GROSS! Having to listen to them cough, sneeze and all the yucky sounds that come with the illness.
I have those little bottles of hand disenfectant at my desk, and I have tissues all around, so when the come near, I offer them the disenfectant and tissues, if they say no, I use the disenfectant before I touch anything they have touched. It sends a clear message that I don't want their germs!

I'm politely rude I guess! I see it as them giving me papers that are covered in spit and me pretending to ignore it, no thanks!

I guess I would have made my visit at my sisters house as short as possible, or made an excuse as to why we couldn't have stayed. If she wasn't polite enough to tell me that her husband was lying on the couch covered in germs that could jump off and make my family sick, I would have suddenly gotten really bad "cramps" and had to go home. Or my son may have thrown up in the car on the way, something that we had to go home for.

Sometimes being "Polite" isn't worth your family's health!

God Bless You Julie
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote