View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Refills

Hi Dabbo,
One question, did you have company during this time? and do you keep you medicine locked in a safe or lock box.

As a police officer I had seen all to often teens and young adults get into reletives medications not only shrtening them but potenially putting their life in danger. Parties they have they call it a candy bowl. OPutting valium, xanax, Tylenol III, percocette, ANYTHING they can get their hands on.

The other thing too, sometimes I take a refilled script have it in my hands, become distracted not making it to the safe and find it in the dish cabinet, coat pocket, even once when I didn't open the safe I put it in the socks, another time I carried laundry up and when I folded the clothes I found it.

A few weeks ago I left a refill on my table, with packages and holiday cookie makings, we eat at a snck bar. I went crazy looking the next morning for it. Then I found a bathing suit and towel from a family member on a chair seat under the table where the meds had been......

ANother time my daughter still had her meds not loclked in my safe and my heroin addict nephew was caught breaking in the home, a search of him found medications including Klonopin that had been missing over a week we thought she missplaced.

THe next thought I have is I am not familuar with the medications, but if they are not narcotic as in oxycotin, or durgesic patches, perhaps there is a similar product over the counter. FOr example, stomach problems have I can get over the counter and they work. Valarian root in health food area meds is valium a muscle relaxant. IF you have percocette or darvocette from a tooth infection or surgery left over for pain. These can also help with any withdrawl.

One time De's doctor was out of town and we did not have refills, I went through the medicine for anyone that had a tooth pulled, knee surgery, dislocated shoulder and found enough for a few days of tylenol III and and we had valiums to get through.

If these are generic nam,es or if they are a medication you can compare it too maybe I can have a few ideas.

At some time many of us for many reasons find without medications, it is tough, we get through, hurtin, and not happy. It sounds costly to refill, it is an option.
One biggie a red flag is calling the doctors office of a misplaced med...99.9% of the time they will not believe it. They just feel there was a lack of care in protecting them or misuse.

dabbo I hope they turn up, it may sound silly but go backwards to the last place you remember them, and then walk through places you were....Look to have fallen between cushions, rolled under beds, behind places. I ahve gone back and actually on a third pull apart found items (my jeys, I alwasys loose them).
Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote