View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 06:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,

My daughter had a gracilious (sp?) muscle transfer about 4 years ago, the muscle had detached twice in that time and this last time the DR said they needed to be more agresssive when they re-attached the muscle. It has been about 6 weeks since her last surgery and she had a check up last week, the Dr said that the muscle had been bleeding at some stage and she now has some hematomas in her cheek that will need to be removed. Even with all the small compications she has had she still is over the moon with her new smile and never lets any of the set backs get her dwn. She is just happy that she nolonger drools and the kids at school are not tormenting her and making her life a misery. My daughter smile spontaniously now, she does not have to bite down or even think about her smile for it to work. The Dr said he was a little surprised at how well her smile works.

I realise this probably doesn't help you a great deal, I wish I could offer you more information about the surgery. Have you looked on the Moebuis Foundation Website? There is a huge amount of information about the surgeries and the DRs that do these operations.

take care
Cazz
Cazz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote