View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 06:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zant808 View Post
I was always a very anxious / fearful person. In 1997 I was put on Prozac for social anxiety and it started a cycle of where my brain would get more and more damaged and I eventually wound up on over 20 psychatric medications, medication cocktals etc. Luckily I was able to get off all meds in early 2007 and have a decent life. Brain damage was verified by Amen Clinics SPECT. However, anxiety still remained plus a host of iatrogenic damages. I decided to try and be normal and drink alcohol so I could hang out with friends and maybe find a girlfriend but it caused insomnia and I paniced.

My parents forced me back on valium and I wound up in my 6th inpatient psychiatric hospitalization for benzo withdrawal. Instead, I got pumped full of 600mg of Tegretol, 150mg of Trileptal, 7.5mg of valium and 30mg of temazepam. I of course want off of these medications because they have never done anything good for me. I need to start with Tegretol because it is causing a rare side effect where it is making music sound a semi-tone lower. I've seen at least 10 different articles on this side effect and how it goes away once Tegretol is stopped. I want to know how to stop Tegretol safely. I've been on a week and my doctor told me I can quit by Tuesday but I do not believe him. I do not have MS or seizure disorders or anything, just severe anxiety and a mess of brain damage from psychiatric medications and I need to get off the antiseizure meds first and then the benzos so I can resume my life.

That is a very large dose of tegretol. Indeed, it is more than epilepsy patients are given. I remember reading about using antiepileptic drugs to ease depression---- but only in miniscule amounts, amounts that would not even be noticed by the patient. I have suffered a great deal of CNS damage from tegretol (carbamazepine) If you dont need it then get off it --WITH GREAT CARE
jackie66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote