View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 07:30 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart Dear Mari

No apologies necessary.

And you are completely presentable for this board.

I am glad to hear your skin reaction is receding. I really think it was a stress reaction to do with microcirculation, causing augmented skin sensitivity (to hot water for instance) and perpetuated by ongoing anxiety.

Yes, I think trying to follow what-you-believe-would-be your tdoc's and accupuncturist's suggestions about giving back to yourself somehow would be good. Give it a shot... just do what you can.

This is a difficult time for you. I wonder if you had the expectation (I did, originally) that finding out about the sleep apnea and therefore treatability would be forward progress and bring a relief of sorts... even psychologically. I am now thinking that expectation was not realistic. It really didn't occur to me before, but, this new information puts you are at a new juncture in treatment. There will be a life/pattern change.

Change is scary. It's ok and natural to be scared in these situations. I wonder if it helps to realize that. Luckily change is also temporary. So you will inevitably get less scared and feel better.

I wish this wasn't all tied up with sleep because that would be one of the best medicines.

Good luck with trying to sleep more, or perhaps meditate? or do some simple yoga? ... and i hope your accupuncturist can help soon and that you will see your tdoc soon too.

And your posts are fine. This is a good place to put your scaredness.

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mari (07-08-2009)