View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 05:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart My PM Doctor's Appt. Update:7/7/09

Hello All,

I just got back from PM doctor's appt, in OKC..it went GREAT! We actually spent 15 min. talking about MY concerns; I listened to his concerns; and We worked out a plan. My pm doc added Baclofen 20 mg x 3 per day, for the muscle spasms in my back, and jerking movements of my right arm and leg.

He told me that I should have less anxiety with the affects of OpanaER, Tramadol, and Baclofen, combined. Actually, he wants me to start out with 1/2 tablet in AM,1/2 tablet next dose, a full 1 tablet just before bed. He listened to me, that's all I wanted.

PM Doc even said that I COULD GO INTO REMISSION..2-3 yrs down the road..no one knows..but to stay positive

"TEAM" of my doctors is back in play! I will be seeing PM doctor every 2 months and continue seeing my psychologist every 2 weeks. I feel so relieved...now to pack for AZ. trip coming up on 7/9/09.

I do feel so much better since this PM appt. went so well. I have enough meds to get me through my trip, plus a few more days. My PM doc is just a phone call away if I need him; same with my psychologist.

Now, to get to AZ., focus on my Sister, hopefully MEET Loretta from NT(will chat on the phone for sure), and
keep my stress levels and no pain flares in check.

I appreciate your prayers and kindness. I will stay in touch while in AZ..as I did last time..laptop

love you,
Dew~

A Positive Attitude Will Assist Me Toward An Active Life, Once Again

WC Injury 03/24/07;Two Right Knee Surgeries on 5/22/07 and 01/16/08. Surgeons and Physical Therapists ignored my concerns of burning pain, swelling, and no improvement and getting worse. Diagnosed RSD/CRPS I/Sympathetically Mediated Pain Syndrome/Chronic Pain on 06/2008 by family doc;on 08/2008 and 12/2008 diagnosis confirmed by two WC PM Doctors: Both legs;hips; hands; and spine effected by this culprit. SSDI granted 01/2009.
Dew58 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CRPSbe (07-08-2009)