View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 05:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy55 View Post
From Breezy55: Its not enough just to have RSD and all the pain that comes along with this painfull and misunderstood diesaes that we all have. Besides dealing with that,my Mom is in the end stage of Alzheimiers. My Dad and I had put her in a home for almost two and one half months,however you woud not believe the hidden cost's that were not given to us before Mom was placed there! Also when she was in the home my Dad started to go downhill so fast emotionally it was not like him. During this whole time I was staying at there condo. My Dad was recovering from his 2nd hip replacement. With him having that and with me with my RSD and my mom in the home,what a mess! Has anyone on this site gone thru this before? I need all your prayers and support on this one! My one and only brother live out in Utah,the rest of us live in Wisconsin. Well my phone is ringing right now,it is my Dad again. I have to run for now.

Hi Breezy, My Mom is also in the final stages of Alzheimers and Parkinson's. My Dad, who lives with me, is in and out of the hospital on a regular basis and last year my husband was diagnosed with cancer so I do understand how you are feeling. It is overwhelming and heartbreaking at times. I try to focus on the positives...I've been fortunate to have both parents live well into their eighties. That doesn't happen all that often. Also, it really is a privelege to be able to repay them in a small way for all they did for me growing up. I take one day at a time, pray for strength and courage, and try to look for the good in a difficult situation. Hope things get better for you and remember that nothing bad lasts forever. Try to take care of yourself...Jeannie
used to be is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (07-09-2009)