View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I don't know without doing some research. I do know that a nerve biopsy can cause permanent damage because a section of the nerve is cut out. It also can cause long term pain or permanent pain. At the least, it could be permanently numb. echoes long ago also said this.

A friend of mine's daughter had one. Her Mom told her not to do it but she did. She has regretted it ever since. She knew that she had CMT but a doctor talked her into the nerve biopsy. A skin biopsy is much less invasive if something like that is needed. Even Dr. Shy from Wayne State University told us that the nerve biopsy is not needed and that the skin biopsy was much better. He is an expert on CMT and also into research on CMT.

Sorry I can't really answer your question. Perhaps I will run across something. DNA blood testing is still a good way to go. Yes, expensive but http://www.athenadiagnostics.com has a plan to help with the cost.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote